Sunday 2 December 2012

Further and Detailed Double Page Spread Research

My main focus now is on double page spreads that have the image on a page of there own. 

The whole of the left hand side is taken over by a  photo of the model which is being interviewed. It is a mid shot however does not look like this and seems more like a close up due to the dark background and clothing blending in together and her bright hair and skin sticking out closer to the camera.  I like that there is a whole page dedicated to a photo of the artist with none of the article on it as I think it is especially eye catching and makes it extremely clear who the article is about. I do not like the way that there is a dark colour background on one side of the page and a completely opposition bright white on the other page of the spread, I think this make it look more as if the photo is a poster that comes with the magazine and is not attached to the story.
The first thing which I notice about this double page spread is the fact that the image that takes up the whole page is an extreme close up. I don't like this for a double page spread and think that a mid shot suits it much better as it allows you to see more of the person you are reading the article about. However the expression that can clearly be seen on the models face in the close up reflects the attitude of the article which goes with it , this is something that I will concentrate when creating my double page spread. I also don't like the way that there is not a consistent colour that flows across both pages and I think this double page spread looks like it is a poster on one side of the page. I think that the small piece of writing which can be found on the left hand page which is underneath PINK is a good way to introduce the article which is coming.


Although there is a backdrop and features which have been added into this photo on the right hand side of the page I like that it is not a close up of the model and we as readers are able to see more of the model that we are about to be reading about and I think that makes the article seem more revealing which is appealing to an audience. I do not like the way that the text is laid out on the left hand side of this page and think that it does not make it appealing for the audience as it seems as if there is too much to be bothered to engage into.

Detailed Research 



No comments:

Post a Comment