Saturday 6 October 2012

Cover Font Research



I began font research in an unfocused fashion that allowed me to look at many different styles of font that I could use for the title of my magazine. I done this by selecting a large variety of different fonts from the avalibale list. I then began to get more focused as I chose the fonts which I liked the most of of these and develope them a little bit further , by changing the changing the characteristics to what I think would suit them more for example changing the size of letters , boding or italicing them.

After this, the next step I took was to close the best 3 fonts which I though represented the attitude of my magazine to develop into the final stages. Once I had selected these three fonts I changed them amount many times to ensure that I had looked at all the possible ways that it could be.

Eventually I came to the conclusion that I of the font and style that I would put it in. For the final font I have used I have displayed it in both black and red for the moment as I know for defiant these will be two of the clearly dominant colours on the front cover of my magazine however I will make the final decision and colour match them when putting together the front cover.




No comments:

Post a Comment