Wednesday 10 October 2012

music magazine first draft





This is the first draft which I have create for the front cover of my music magazine. I feel as if I have already developed this draft quite long way from the initial plans that I made when I followed my hand drawn designs. This is likely to be because the way that all of the aspects of the page were laid out look a lot different when they are completed and on the screen to what they do when they are flat plans on paper. The main reason that I moved things around from what I had planned was to attempt to follow the rule of thirds and create balance on my cover. However I think I could improve this further as the bottom of my page feels a lot heavier than the top of the page as it has many visual weights reasonably close together. I will attempt to move the cross and the win feature to the top of the page which should create a balance between the diagonally opposite which is the headline and the bar code. I have also noticed that my features on the page are not lined up correctly making it look slightly messy and unprofessional  this is something I must amend in my final version. I think that there is also something missing at the top of the page on the right hand side. I will experiment with different elements that I could add into this part of the page to fill the blank space. Finally I think that by adding the logo for creamfields festival instead of the text "creamfields line up revealed" would be a lot more attractive to my target audience as that would be a logo they are familiar with. 
Apart from these changes that I plan on making I am happy with this draft of my front cover that I have produced, I think that it follows the research that I have carried out well and has the potential to be in line with real media products that represent chart music.

1 comment: