Saturday 3 November 2012

Contents Page Photo Research

I have concluded from my research that I want to add a small variety of photographs onto my contents page of things which will be appearing in the magazine. One of the photos that I will create to include will be a shot of a girl band in an enclosed area with a brick wall as the background. I think this environment and lining the models up in a staggered way makes the band seem important therefore keeping with my theme I started on my front page which showed power within the music industry.




These are images that have inspired me for the photograph that I want to take for the main image on my contents page. The top image is the way in which I want  to stagger my models in a similar way. The second image of boy band Lawson shows the environmental that I want to shoot the photo. However I think that I would want my models to be closer together in my shoot. The third images represents the way that I want to use girls in my photo however I will use 4 girls not 3. I will also want my model to be posed more serious as in the top 2 images with the boys.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Another photo that I want to include on the contents page of my magazine will be a close up picture of a girls face. I think this is extremely interesting to add as by not showing the whole of a persons face it makes the reader want to turn to that page to find out more and see the whole thing. Also by showing facial features up close in an image it is a visual weight on the page that will instantly draw the attention of the reader. Initially I was inspired to include an image like this from this photo of Lana Del Ray taken from Q magazine.
From this I researched into other photos of models that are similar in the fact that they are extreme close ups and not showing 100% of the face.



1 comment:

  1. Put your research images next to your final images to show the realtionship and to drive home the point that you are doing the work well.

    ReplyDelete