Sunday 11 November 2012

Music Magazine Contents Font Research

I began the process of deciding on a tile font by being very random in my selection on the font list. For this I used adobe indesign.
However it wasclear that some of the fonts did not fit inwith the hosue style of my magazine and were not firm enough.





Out of all of them I picked 3 fonts which I though went with the style of my magazine and continued to delevlop them on a new page. I changed the characteristics of the font such as the length of the word, space between the letters, weight , and height of the letters all in order to create the best and most apporpriate font to be used for my contents page title.


I narrowed it down further to be between two fonts out of all of the ones that I had created in the development process. I finally experimented with putting them onto a design that could potentially be used as a header on my contents page.
I have chosen to use the sans serif font in my work as also I think the serif font I have develoepd is bold and fits the purpose, I have prefered a sans serif font on final contents pages throuhgout my research.
I will also use the header which is a slanted upwards shape which I was inspired by a billbaord content page which had a heading that was slighly angled. I prefer it with a border around the outside as it makes it stand out a lot more making it look finished.
I will make the red slightly darker as at the moment I think the colour I have used looks cheap and dosent fit with other reds I have used on the magazine.



1 comment:

  1. You need to go into further detail and select just the one font style.

    ReplyDelete