Sunday 4 November 2012

Girl band Photo Research & First Photoshoot


After deciding that I wanted to include a photograph of a girl band on my contents page I chose 4 girls who I thought all had different features that fitted well together into a group.  I took a number of photos in a setting which was gave the exact look that I wanted it to. However I had believed that by telling my models to have their own choice on their individual outfit it would make them look more individual together however I think it look messy. I think that the two dominant outfit colours that stick out in the photos are the black and maroon therefore when re-shooting these photos I will instruct my models to wear these colours. 







I have chosen these two photos as the best two that have come from my first shoot. In the horizontal photo i have chosen to crop half of my models faces to research how that looks in comparison to seeing their whole face. I have also chosen one where the models seem more spread out. I have used photoshop as part of my research to experiment with different adjustments to the photo changing the levels and colour balance. From this research I have been able to conclude that the adjustments that I feel fit the picture best is the photo on the right of the third row due to the fact it compliment the colour scheme of clothing that I will have my models wearing as well as lighting the models faces well making them look less flat I also like the photos that I have given a slightly blue/grey colour balance as they make the photo look illuminated however I am unsure whether it would work with the colours on my final photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment